Article review of “DICE TECH JOB REPORT ISSUE #3 Q2 2020”
In their words “Hiring Trends in the Time of COVID-19 … data was provided by Dice’s partner, Burning Glass Technologies …”
I always like to read about how my IT and DBA collegues are fairing in the job market especially during 2020 the year of COVID-19.
No surprises to me on these points
- Amazon number 1 top tech Employer.
- New York dropped 32% in tech job postings on a year over year basis.
- Java Developers up 14% in tech job postings on a year over year basis.
- Data Engineer up 51% in tech job postings for Q2 2020.
- Kubernetes job skill up 28% on a year over year basis.
- Docker job skill up 26% on a year over year basis.
Mmmmm I’m a little surprised on these points
- Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, General Dynamics number 2 to 4 on top tech employers.
- Durham, NC tech job postings up 47% on a year over year basis.
- Business Intelligence Analyst tech job postings down 40% on a year over year basis.
- Data Analysts tech job postings down 19% on a year over year basis.
- Data Analysts tech job postings for Q2 2020 up only 2%.
- Product Management job skill down 26% n a year over year basis.
BTW on these points
- DBA job postings up 19% from May to June 2020. Good for 18th place only.
- DBA job postings year over year were down 8%.
- Relational database tech skill was down 19% on a year over year basis.
These points are just some of the gems that caught my eye from the article.
DBAs were you pleasantly surprised by the “DICE TECH JOB REPORT ISSUE #3 Q2 2020”? Right?
ECourses4You – Python Programming Bundle – Become a Python Programming guru with the Python Programming Master bundle of online training courses!
Pearson Education (InformIT) – eBook Deal of the Day
Pluralsight – Start your Free Trial today! – Don’t let technology outpace you. Work smarter and master your craft with a technology learning platform that will help you build better and create more.
RetiredDBA.com is compensated if you click to an advertiser website and/or you make a purchase after clicking to an advertiser website. This does not INCREASE the price you pay. The income is used to continue to provide as much free content as possible.