Review of the article: 12 Ways COVID-19 Will Change the Tech Industry by John Miley, Senior Associate Editor. Miley covers technology, telecom, and education for The Kiplinger Letter.
In Miley’s words ‘… a collection of some significant tech shifts that bear watching.’
Miley lists these 12 ways that the tech industry will change and details his reasons.
- Digitization for Even the Last Holdouts
- More Hardware Sales (and Furniture, Too)
- A Setback for 5G
- Smartphones Will Tread Water
- Telehealth to Take Off
- Biometrics Will Go Touchless
- Privacy Online? A Whole Lot Less
- Virtual Reality Gets to Shine
- Robotics Will Need Innovation to Advance
- Drone Delivery Gets a Lift
- A Greater Effort to Undo the Digital Divide
- Remote Work Demands Will Spur Innovation
I do not agree with all of Miley’s discussion such as slowdown in 5G, but overall, the points he makes are great trends to watch. Right?
Pearson Education (InformIT) – eBook Deal of the Day
Pluralsight – Start your Free Trial today! – Don’t let technology outpace you. Work smarter and master your craft with a technology learning platform that will help you build better and create more.
Coursera – You’ve got a deep network, a great resume, and a top-notch LinkedIn profile. Start building in-demand skills on Coursera, and your career will be ready to take off. Start your 7-day risk-free trial today. – Take the world’s best courses, online.
RetiredDBA.com is compensated if you click to an advertiser website and/or you make a purchase after clicking to an advertiser website. This does not INCREASE the price you pay. The income is used to continue to provide as much free content as possible.