I saw this blog entry on SQLServerCentral.com: ‘Announcing dbachecks – Configurable PowerShell Validation For Your SQL Instances‘
The SQLServerCentral.com blog goes into details on many of the powershell script options. It also discusses some of the features such as:
- 80+ checks including Agent, database, domain, HADR, Instance, log shipping, server and maintenance plans.
- Compare SQL Server settings to default settings.
- Compare SQL server to configured settings.
- 100+ configurations to skip, check a value, or not run specific tests.
- Option to check Ola Hallengren configurations.
Best of all the entire Powershell script is Open Source at github.
dbachecks is a must have in your DBA Powershell Toolbox. You can find up to date scripts and info at github.com.