When did you last calibrate the DBA monitor?
Nice blog posting on red-gate.com by Kathi Kellenberger: The Top Five Things That DBAs Need to Monitor
There are excellent points in the article by Kathi.
- Great DBAs automate everything they can .
- File growth over time causes out of disk space which in turn causes applications to grind to a halt.
- Backup up ALL databases and test the backups.
- Keep secured servers by looking at failed logins and how many people in the sysadmins group.
- Perfomance is the best chance DBAs can shine on the job.
DBAs time to re-calibrate your monitoring rules and use the latest tools to automate your monitoring with real-time alerts.