Review of 2 articles on Containers and Kubernetes by Joseph D’Antoni. D’Antoni is a Principal Consultant for Denny Cherry and Associates Consulting.
Some of the topics covered in the two articles include:
- How containers happened
- Containers vs running a VM
- Containers can run in a nested format
- Containers are a unit of development for deployment
- Container registries can be globally distributed
- Containers can auto scale
- Kubernetes is the current standard for container management system
- Container orchestration is like VM management
- Pods are the basic unit of deployment in Kubernetes
- Pods may have 1 or more Containers
- Kubernetes has “namespaces” that is like Microsoft Azure resource groups
D’Antoni gives a brief history of containers in Unix and Linux. He then discusses benefits of containers vs VM, DevOps workflow benefits as well as other benefits.
In the second article, D’Antoni writes about Kubernetes and the Basics of Container Orchestration. I give the 2 articles on Containers and Kubernetes by Joseph D’Antoni a thumbs up!
Dba colleagues it should be no surprise that VMs usage is quickly being replaced by containers for production level projects. So Dbas there is no need to contain yourself any longer. Right?
Pearson Education (InformIT) – eBook Deal of the Day
Pluralsight – Start your Free Trial today! – Don’t let technology outpace you. Work smarter and master your craft with a technology learning platform that will help you build better and create more.
Coursera – You’ve got a deep network, a great resume, and a top-notch LinkedIn profile. Start building in-demand skills on Coursera, and your career will be ready to take off. Start your 7-day risk-free trial today. – Take the world’s best courses, online.
RetiredDBA.com is compensated if you click to an advertiser website and/or you make a purchase after clicking to an advertiser website. This does not INCREASE the price you pay. The income is used to continue to provide as much free content as possible.