Webinar review: “Are you overpaying for SQL Server Licensing?” by Mike Walsh president of Straight Path solutions and Dave Bermingham a Microsoft Cloud MVP.
In their words: “In this webinar we cover lessons learned from real-world customers who saved more than 70% on their SQL Server licensing costs related to high availability and disaster recovery.”
Points that were discussed in this webinar:
- Many High Availability in Cloud misconceptions
- Pros and cons of Failover Cluster Instances vs Availability Groups
- Saving on licensing costs in theory
- Standard vs Enterprise SQL Server editions
- Saving on licensing costs in practice
- Experts in application availability
- Discussion and demo of SIOS software products for critical application workloads.
SQL Server DBA colleagues, you can make a huge impact when you offer management ways to reduce SQL Server licensing costs! Take a close look at your SQL Server on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments to achieve maximum cost savings on SQL Server licensing.
I give the webinar “Are you overpaying for SQL Server Licensing?” a thumbs up. Right?
Pluralsight – Start your Free Trial today! – Don’t let technology outpace you. Work smarter and master your craft with a technology learning platform that will help you build better and create more.
ed2go – Creating Mobile Apps with HTML5
RetiredDBA.com is compensated if you click to an advertiser website and/or you make a purchase after clicking to an advertiser website. This does not INCREASE the price you pay. The income is used to continue to provide as much free content as possible.