Ok so what SQL Server DBA doesn’t need sample databases for various project testing and demonstrations? Microsoft SQL Server installs have stopped installing sample databases since SQL Server 2005. However, Microsoft and a few others have developed several different free sample databases for SQL Server.
Here’s a list of various free sample databases you can use with SQL Server. I have also listed some helpful articles related to the free sample databases.
- AdventureWorks sample database
- Contoso Retail Data Warehouse sample database
- Northwind and Pubs Sample Databases for SQL Server 2000
- How to Install Pubs Database in SQL Server 2012 in 1 query
- Microsoft SQL Server historical sample database diagram tour
- WideWorldImporters Sample Database for SQL Server and Azure SQL Database
- WideWorldImportersDW Sample Database – How to Install New Sample Database
City of Chicago Parking Ticket Data Sample Database – SQL Server format by Bob Pusateri
Thinking Big (Adventure) Sample Database from Adam Mechanic
SQLskills.com – 7 Sample Databases
SQLskills.com – 5 Sample Databases that are corrupt (SQL Server version dependent)
Chinook Sample Database available for SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc – Chris Woodruff
You get a free sample database! Everyone gets a free sample database! Right?
This blog post is permanently pinned here: https://retireddba.com/databases/
Edureka – DevOps Training by Edureka Gain expertise in various Devops processes and tools like Puppet, Jenkins, Nagios, GIT for automating multiple steps in SDLC, Ansible, SaltStack, Chef. Know More!
Edureka – Data Science Training by Edureka Drive Business Insights from Massive Data Sets Utilizing the Power of R Programming, Hadoop, and Machine Learning.
Ed2Go –Intermediate SQL – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to use a wide range of advanced SQL techniques with confidence.