Book review of “Be Exceptional: Master the Five Traits That Set Extraordinary People Apart” by Joe Navarro. Navarro was an FBI Special Agent (Ret.) in counterintelligence and counterterrorism.
Navarro gives an in-depth and practical discussion of the five domains of exceptional.
- Self-Mastery-The Heart of the Exceptional
- Observation-Seeing What Matters
- Communication-From Informative to Transformative
- Action-Make It Timely, Ethical, and Prosocial
- Psychological Comfort-The Most Powerful Strength Humans Possess
Many “pearls of wisdom” by Navarro in Be Exceptional and here’s two of my favorites:
- To be exceptional you must do exceptional things every day
- Exceptional people are made not born
DBA colleagues, you CAN be exceptional! I give the book “Be Exceptional: Master the Five Traits That Set Extraordinary People Apart” by Joe Navarro, a thumbs up. Right?
Gif is provided by Giphy.com.
Search for additional blog posts:
Pluralsight – Start your Free Trial today! – Don’t let technology outpace you. Work smarter and master your craft with a technology learning platform that will help you build better and create more.
ed2go – Creating Mobile Apps with HTML5
RetiredDBA.com is compensated if you click to an advertiser website and/or you make a purchase after clicking to an advertiser website. This does not INCREASE the price you pay. The income is used to continue to provide as much free content as possible.