Dbas, work smart now!
Book review of “Work Smart Now” by Richard Polak. Polak is a thirty-five-year HR veteran, congressional advisor, and a world leader in creating compassionate strategies to increase employee productivity.
Polak discusses real life examples and explanations throughout chapters such as:
- Compassionate Productivity Versus Traditional Performance Incentives
- What Defines a Great Workplace?
- Culture in a Box
- The Five Buckets of Productivity
- About Remote Work
- Do Not Fight Change
- Working from Home Boosts Job Satisfaction and Employee Retention
- Productivity and Engagement Tips
- Clear Communication About Leave Options
- Find the Right Balance
A couple of takeaways I found of interest
- Compassionate productivity means a company recognizes employees are humans with their own struggles, triumphs, goals, and motivations that results in better work.
- If you can maximize productivity, your company will increase revenues.
- Stop wasting time and stressing to improve your quality of life.
DBA colleagues, stop working harder and WORK SMART NOW!! I give the book “Work Smart Now” by Richard Polak, a thumbs up. Right?
This book review first appeared on Retireddba.com: https://retireddba.com/
Gif is provided by Giphy.com.
Search for additional blog posts:
Pluralsight – Start your Free Trial today! – Don’t let technology outpace you. Work smarter and master your craft with a technology learning platform that will help you build better and create more.
Pluralsight – Get your Skill IQ with a Free Assessment from PluralSight
Whizlabs – Online Training for Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI ACP)® Certification Exam | Enroll Now
Edureka – Enroll Now for Docker Training and Certification By Edureka and increase your chances to get hired by Top Tech Companies
ed2go – Creating Mobile Apps with HTML5
RetiredDBA.com is compensated if you click to an advertiser website and/or you make a purchase after clicking to an advertiser website. This does not INCREASE the price you pay. The income is used to continue to provide as much free content as possible.